Safeguarding at Ripponden
The safety and wellbeing of our children is number one priority.
Only when children feel happy and safe can they flourish.
We have many mechanisms in school to support children with the happiness and wellbeing, such as school council, peer mentors, playground buddies, playleaders, Learning Mentors, worry boxes and they know they can speak to any adult in school. We do regular sessions on keeping safe, including online - see E-Safety page for more information.
Ripponden J&I School is committed to providing a secure and supportive environment in which children can develop and grow into mature and responsible people. Safeguarding is a central part of our whole school approach to everything we do, to ensure that children are protected from abuse and neglect, and that every child reaches their full potential.
We achieve this by:
- Creating an environment where high standards if work and behaviour are expected and rewarded
- Providing a curriculum which will help all children to develop their full potential
- Provide appropriate training and learning opportunities for personal and professional development to all staff, governors and volunteers
- Developing a school where everyone feels valued and secure, showing an understanding of others, respect diversity and promotes equality of opportunity and a sense of pride
- Working in partnership with parents by offering support, information and advice about their child's learning and development
We recognise the responsibility we have surrounding safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We have a child protection and safeguarding policy and procedures, which is updated annually and is available in paper form on request.
Our policy applies to all staff and volunteers working in the school, including governors. All staff undertake annual safeguarding training.
We have members of staff who are Designated Safeguarding Leads (DSL) and Deputy Safeguarding Leads (DDSL). They are:
Mrs L Bamforth Mrs J Lomas Mrs J Kenny Miss L Smith Mrs J Holmes
Headteacher Assistant Headteachers Inclusion Manager Support Assistant
DSL DDSL DDSL DDSL DDSL
If you have any child protection concerns, please contact one of the designated safeguarding leads.
Our safeguarding link governor is Dr Sarah Fox.